SOLVED Windows 10 Updates

Reaction score
Update for windows defender-KB2267602 Definition 1.239.677.0 error 0x80070643 refuses to install although have tried windows update errors fix. Please help

Reaction score
Hi,
open Windows Defender program (if not on your desktop it's at C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe) and manually update. Don't worry if it gives a failure message (I presume it's because the update is also sitting in a ready to download / install temp file in the WU area) as Windows Defender should show that it has updated to definitions file 1.239.701.0 and a refresh of the "Check for updates" will confirm that no Windows Defender files are pending. This has always worked for me when WU can't seem to update Defender and you get the latest definition files as well.

Regedit32

Reaction score
I had the same trouble with that particular Windows Defender update.

I resolved this issue by doing the following:
  • Right-click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)
  • Click Yes when User Account Control prompts for confirmation
  • In the Administrator: Command Prompt window type or copy & paste the following command:

Code:
    "%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Defender\MPCMDRUN.exe" -SignatureUpdate -http

Press Enter key to execute

Sample image of what you most likely will see:

Untitled.png

Now close the Command window and click Start > Settings cog > Updates & security

Click Retry
    or Check for Updates to clear the error message.

Note: If for any reason you would prefer to complete remove all Windows Defender Definition Signatures you have previously installed prior to executing the above command, then simply type or copy & paste the following command into the Administrator: Command Prompt window, then press Enter key to execute:

Code:
"%PROGRAMFILES%\Windows Defender\MPCMDRUN.exe" -RemoveDefinitions -All

Doing this will give you a clean canvas per se to start from if you need to; however in this particular case you ought not need to.

You can also confirm by opening Windows Defender and reviewing Update tab that you now have the latest Definition installed which as of now is 1.239.713.0

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question