SOLVED Windows 10 updates

Reaction score
Settings>Update shows seven updates available, 5 Office and other 2 are system, one of which is the Creator update. Shows Downloading 0%, and seems to be stuck. Task Manager shows 100% disk activity, and computer response is very slow. Any ideas on how to get the updates started?

Reaction score
CU is very large, 4GB, will take a long time. That is why Task Manager shows 100% disk activity.
Ignore "Downloading 0%". Give it at least 1 hr., probably more.
Look at your ethernet or wifi in the Task Manager.

Reaction score
Going on two hours and counting. WiFi shows sporadic up and down in one second bursts. Found a update trouble shooter and ran it. Said it found a corrupt database, so I pushed fix. Now trouble shooter has been running for 30 minutes with "Resolving Problems" and a green bar cycling. Seems stuck also.?? Will give everything one more hour - then cycle power and repeat.

Reaction score
Took about 3 hours and three restarts, but finally got control of the computer again. I also ran the latest up trouble shooter and it came up with four "problems" that it fixed. Kept running updater and got three more updates to download and install. But the 1703 wasn't one of the updates that I thought I saw in the batch. Hope I don't spend another half a day when it comes around again. Thanks for your prompt response. Considered CLOSED

Ask a Question