SOLVED Windows 10 updates

Reaction score
I just received 5 updates Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4034674) Adobe, Outlook, XL , Office 2010.
1. I find it strange that these updates didn't create an automatic Restore point.
2. Windows 10 allows a user to update without Admin permission.

What am I missing? Thanks!
My apologies, I should have posted in the Windows Update Forum, would a moderator mind moving the post. Thanks!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wolfie Thanks! I have read the How to Geek article before. It doesn't satisfy my curiosity. That is,
1. I find it strange that these updates didn't create an automatic Restore point.
2. Windows 10 allows a user to update without Admin permission.

Reaction score
Norton, I am sure you would agree the Update process has changed considerably since Windows 7. There is even a setting in Win 10 to allow the update process to use your sign-in to finish installs.

If you had the ability to pick and choose what updates to install, how would you decide? You already know you can delay certain types of updates and possibly that could be used to wait to see if some update may have a problem.

As far as Restore Points, it probably depends on what type of update it is and whether a reboot is required for the install..

RestorePoints.JPG

Ask a Question