Windows 10 Upgrade Failure

Reaction score
Twice I have downloaded the Windows 10 Upgrade and both times the start-up process disconnects leaving my screen black. On each occasion I reverted to my Windows 8.1 OS. I would appreciate any support and guidance to resolving this issue.

Regards,
Mark McL

Reaction score
Is this a desktop or a laptop? If it is a desktop is it using built in video or a video card? A reasonably well known network card? If you are doing this via WiFi can you use a wired connection instead ?
Do you have plenty of room on C: for the upgrade?

Your Windows 8.1 is legal?

And...you have checked the compatibility program MS has and your machine is W10 compatible...probably is if it runs 8.1

Reaction score
Disable fast boot in BIOS if you have selected that. In fact I recommend selecting optimized defaults in bios.

Reaction score
Is this a desktop or a laptop? If it is a desktop is it using built in video or a video card? A reasonably well known network card? If you are doing this via WiFi can you use a wired connection instead ?
Do you have plenty of room on C: for the upgrade?

Your Windows 8.1 is legal?

And...you have checked the compatibility program MS has and your machine is W10 compatible...probably is if it runs 8.1

Thanks for your response and let me answer your points:

1) It is a Packard Bell laptop (Easynote TE69BM) using legal Windows 8.1 OS

2) I have been downloading the upgrade via WiFi connection. So I have not tried to download over cable connection. but I can't understand how a cable connection would resolve the issue. Suppose it's worth trying.

I would be far happier if Windows 10 Support took remote control of my laptop to ensure a seamless upgrade.

Regards,
Mark McL

Reaction score
Twice I have downloaded the Windows 10 Upgrade and both times the start-up process disconnects leaving my screen black. On each occasion I reverted to my Windows 8.1 OS. I would appreciate any support and guidance to resolving this issue.

Regards,
Mark McL

I appear to have solved the upgrade issue. I discovered a system tools repair feature in my Glarysoft Pro app. which allowed a successful upgrade but sadly a new problem has appeared. I looks like all my Word 2007 and Excel 2007 files that I had on my Desktop page. So I am looking for new advice on my quest for a seamless transfer to Windows 10.

Regards

Last edited:

Ask a Question