Windows 10 upgrade issues

Clean install or try to retain the files

• Fresh install

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I originally had windows 7 and waited till i got the notification then updated my laptop. after the update was complete the computer booted into a clack screen with the mouse pointer and the spinning blue wheel. Some times it boots into a black screen with the mouse pointer and if i go to the center of the screen the pointer changes to a cursor pointer showing that there is a text field there and if i attempt to type my password and log in the screen shows no activity. I can not boot into the recovery thing with shift f8 or f8 and by hard drive and other components are fine as my Linux hard drive runs flawlessly. I want to have a working windows pc with windows 10 and hopefully all my stuff with it. I could have done a fresh install but that is the last case scenario. Can anyone help me or should i do a fresh install.

Reaction score
The off and on is part of the install, if you some how goofed with it during the install you may have lost some files. If turning off the laptop and back on doesn't help I would try a fresh install if it were me?

Ask a Question