Windows 10 very slow

Reaction score
Hello, I have purchased a new surface pro4 with windows 10 and it seems to be very slow when trying to access the internet. Most times I have to refresh several times and even then it sometimes says cannot locate page or no internet connection found. all my other tablets using wifi have no issue at all. I took the tablet back to the store where I purchased it and it worked flawlessly very fast and no hang ups. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a fix? I couldn't even use the tablet to access this site. Any help greatly appreciated

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IF the tablet worked "flawlessly" in the store, that might suggest that there is something unique about your router's wireless configuration that sets it apart from the wireless thate was present in the store.
You might try experimenting with your router's wireless encryption.
Assuming WPA2 you might see if there is an option to change from TKIP to AES or AES to TKIP or TKIP + AES and see if that has any impact on the issue.

Failing that you might want to try temporarily running it "Open" no encryption and then graduate to WEP and then WPA, all depending on what options are available to you.

Ask a Question