Windows 10 Virtual Memory

Reaction score
So my pc has 8GB ram 64 bit and is very slow at start-up. I tried to disable all my useless start-up apps in Task Manager and scanning with 2 or 3 antiviruses to check if I have any bad apps. It didn't help me much but just one thing helped my pc to boot up faster and that's the Virtual Memory. I changed it to Initial Size 1000 and Maximum size 1907 (my recommended) and also (I know i did a very bad choise setting to that low VM). The start-up was faster tho but in videogames such as Borderlands 2 or GTA 5 it was saying that i have no video memory space and then I changed it back to Automatically manage pagin file size for all drives and now the start-up is again very slow (2-3 minutes).
My currently allocated is 9728 MB with over 15 chrome pages opened.
How much do I need to set on Initial size and Maximum size for a fast start-up and the possibility to play games without any low memory problem ?
TM.PNG
VM.PNG

Reaction score
Hi Kappa69,

can you please paste a screenshot of Task Manager > Start-up so we can see exactly what starts with your system!. ;)

1606237263102.png

Reaction score
Well, with what Wolfie already recommended that leaves me with one more question: What kind of drive are you using?? HDD or SSD?
A SSD would definitely improve your overall performance as it has on my oldie laptop with only 4GB RAM.

Maybe you need to max out your RAM as well, it will help...

Reaction score
Hi,
The pc has one SSD of 1 TByte.
I'll 100% make an upgrade at RAM but for the moment I'll stay with those 8

Reaction score
Hi Kappa69,

glad to hear that, please mark the thread as solved so it helps others. :)

Ask a Question