Windows 10 Wi-Fi issues

Reaction score
Hello there from Aus!

New computer about a year ago, with pre-installed windows 10. Connected via Wi-Fi which was working just fine until a month ago (possibly during an update) and then no connection- No network's available but everything else can connect via Wi-Fi. I've done the usual on-line recommendations...Updated drivers, roll back drivers and even a network reset. No joy at all. "No Wi-Fi networks found" every time. I have managed to connect via ethernet cable, but this is not ideal in the current environment.

Any ideas? This may have been discussed before so apologies in advance. New to Windows forums.

Reaction score
Hi Wolfie,

Windows 10 Home Version 1607. On that subject, system keeps trying to update on startup and shutting down, though is unable to do so. A problem there as well. As you probably notice, I'm pretty rubbish with all this...Anyway, that's the current state of play

Reaction score
2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB4038782)

This has failed to update since 13/09 or 09/13 for the Yanks out there!

Reaction score
Hi TheGadge,

with 1607, you need to upgrade to the latest (currently 1703), you can create a new USB stick by following the instructions in the link I posted earlier!. MAKE SURE YOU BACK-UP ALL YOUR DATA BEFORE STARTING.

Create a new bootable media stick (or DVD) and do a clean install is my advice if you are having problems with your current system anyway!. :)

Ask a Question