Windows 10 window icon on desktop and window key on keyboard donot function affection many other fun

Reaction score
My Windows10 upgrade from Windows 8.1 on my ASUS laptop has serious problems. The window icon in the lower left corner of the desktop is non responsive meaning thet I do not have access to the 2 menus accessed by left and right clicking on the windows icon. Along with this the Cortona search bar and Task manager in the task bar do not work and the other icons such as edge and file manager have disappeared. The window key is also non functional meaning that \I can not access the tile menu and all that it contains. The touch pad works with some odd scrolling behavior but a mouse with a dongle connection does not work.

The other desktop icons seem to work OK.

This is only one of many problems I have had. I have never seen such anunstaable operating system in 20 years of using computers..
Suggestion to repair these problems greatly appreciated.

Marion

Last edited by a moderator:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Create a new user and test.
You need to determine if it is a global problem or if the issue(s) are unique to your user account / profile.
If you can't get much of anything to work you can try this
Go to
C:\Windows\System32
Find
Cmd.exe
Right click it and choose run as administrator
At the admin command prompt type
net user JohnSmith /add
hit enter
then type
net localgroup administrators JohnSmith /add
hit enter