Windows 10 won't recognize my Kodak easyshare c1450 digital camera

Reaction score
I've had windows 10 on my computer for a while now. Today for the first time I wanted to transfer some pictures from my camera to my computer. I plugged the camera into the computer and the computer spent about 5 minutes installing new drivers. Then, it stopped doing anything. I waited about 15 minutes and unplugged the camera and plugged it back in. When I plugged it back in a small box slid from bottom right of the screen and said to click here to use camera. (Basically Said That). That box went away another box appeared at the top right for a split second. I don't know what it said. It appeared and disappeared to fast for me to read anything from it.
I had windows 7 before the free upgrade and when I plugged in my camera it would open the Kodak software program that came with the camera. I don't have a desktop icon for that program. I can probably search and find the original disk (Maybe) HELP

Reaction score
I found the original software that came with my Kodak camera and had Window10 run a diagnostic on it and it said the software isn't compatible with windows 10. Specifically it said: Incompatible program fix program ViewerApp

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
IS the camera showing up in File Explorer, possibly as a disk drive, where you can open it and then drag and drop images from you camera, into a folder on your computer?

Reaction score
No it's not. I've looked all over the computer for the camera, so I might be able to open it up and drag the pictures out of it. I can't find it.

Reaction score
Rick, searching the web, I found two solutions that SOMETIMES work.

Your USB cable isn't compatible with Win 10, so you need to get a new one.

Plug in your camera and go to Device Manager. Find your camera and disable it. Restart your computer with the camera still plugged in. Go back to Device Manager and enable your camera.

Reaction score
Explore the option of installing the drivers with backward option. I believe WIN10 has the option to install certain program to run as if under vista, win7 and other versions. Do some research on the web and try it.
All the best

Reaction score
I've had windows 10 on my computer for a while now. Today for the first time I wanted to transfer some pictures from my camera to my computer. I plugged the camera into the computer and the computer spent about 5 minutes installing new drivers. Then, it stopped doing anything. I waited about 15 minutes and unplugged the camera and plugged it back in. When I plugged it back in a small box slid from bottom right of the screen and said to click here to use camera. (Basically Said That). That box went away another box appeared at the top right for a split second. I don't know what it said. It appeared and disappeared to fast for me to read anything from it.
I had windows 7 before the free upgrade and when I plugged in my camera it would open the Kodak software program that came with the camera. I don't have a desktop icon for that program. I can probably search and find the original disk (Maybe) HELP

I think this is a conspiracy from Microsoft because a whole lot of cameras won't work through the cord anymore on Win10. I think I'm going to have Win7 installed back on my computer. it works fine with Win7. I was told on another site to download DriverUpdate, but they want to charge a monthly fee!!!

Reaction score
I found the original software that came with my Kodak camera and had Window10 run a diagnostic on it and it said the software isn't compatible with windows 10. Specifically it said: Incompatible program fix program ViewerApp[/QUOT
I have the same problem,If your pc has a card slot then just remove the Kodak memory card & insert it,If you don't have a built in card slot buy a card reader & connect it to pc with cord.

Ask a Question