Windows 10

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Just now, on my Windows 8.1 computer, I happened to notice that it was running a little slow. Not much, just noticeably.
I wondered what might be going on, so I take a look around and find, I have a brand new folder on my computer dated today and inside that folder, I have a likewise brand new install.esd, also dated today.
Perhaps, I'm ready to be updated?? No actual notification, prompts or anything.... just setting there, not doing nothing.

Windows10.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks for heads up. I just fired up my 8.1 desktop and will keep an eye on it. This is the one machine I am definitely upgrading. I'll probably upgrade the SurfPro3 after some initial dust settles.

Good luck to everyone on their upgrades.

Reaction score
I am on windows 7 and just spotted windows 10 update (failed) apparently something to do with admin log on.
When I investigated it referred to windows 10 insider.
I thought we could delay update for one year.

Reaction score
It was on list of updates where it tells me what was installed and whether successful or fail.
Now here is a mystery, have just gone back to get screen shot, my update history as vanished, where it says last update and last check it now says NEVER.
I have been getting updates all day, I think they have been having a look and making back up

It's come back here is screen shot.

TerryUpgrade to windows 10.png

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Don't feel bad.... mine has failed twice so far.
I have no idea what is triggering it but my sense is that it will not succeed until sometime tomorrow.
The Good Lord and Microsoft willing. :)

Failed.JPG

Reaction score
It was on list of updates where it tells me what was installed and whether successful or fail.
Now here is a mystery, have just gone back to get screen shot, my update history as vanished, where it says last update and last check it now says NEVER.
I have been getting updates all day, I think they have been having a look and making back up

It's come back here is screen shot.

TerryView attachment 420

May I ask which country are you from ?
I just want to see if this happens globally or just USA.

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
seems to be globally....as a friend of mine in England is getting the download as we speak for his 8.1 PC. I've not seen anything for my build of windows 10 (240).

Reaction score
One very important question to both Trouble and terryf,
Do you have the reservation enabled/registered ?
Someone kept saying making a reservation will actually make the users getting the upgrade later than others.
I want to know if it is the fact or it's just crock.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
On my 8.1 machine where I have apparently already received the bulk of the Windows 10 upgrade and waiting for the balance or trigger that will let it go ahead and install, I made the reservation very early on, I believe as soon as that icon showed in my system tray / notification area.

Reaction score
I am in Canada.
My Win 8.1 Pro has enabled the reservation.
My Windows Update shows Win 10 Pro failed to download ....... 3 times.

upgrade to 1in 10 pro failed.jpg

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I'm still holding at the two failures I noted above.
I don't think that has any particular significance I suspect it will succeed when it succeeds and probably is sometime of Microsoft's choosing.
Been getting email, from some of my would be (wannabe) tech buddies that they are hearing that MS is gonna flip the switch at 11:00 P.M. my local time (central U.S. and Canada) that would be midnight in New York, which seems like a pretty odd time to me, unless they're talking about tomorrow night.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Well that was apparently baloney.
The time has come and gone and nothing, so it's off to bed I go.
More like 11:00 A.M tomorrow, my time, which is about the time they get out of bed in Redmond.

Reaction score
Well that was apparently baloney.
The time has come and gone and nothing, so it's off to bed I go.
More like 11:00 A.M tomorrow, my time, which is about the time they get out of bed in Redmond.

I'm about 180 miles or so east of Redmond. I'll try not to intercept your update when it comes by.

Reaction score
My inner clock woke me up at 1205 AM so here I am with Windows 10 downloading in the background. We'll see how it goes. It's 12:29 AM now.

12:58 AM and I'm posting this edit from a completed install of Windows 10 on a Windows 10 preview machine. Didn't need a key or anything else. Going to finish my sleep time now and will investigate things further in the morning. So far I don't see any difference from what I've already been using. All went quickly and smoothly.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One very important question to both Trouble and terryf,
Do you have the reservation enabled/registered ?
Someone kept saying making a reservation will actually make the users getting the upgrade later than others.
I want to know if it is the fact or it's just crock.

Yes reserved and registered.

Ask a Question