Windows 7 pictures lost after Windows 10 installation

Reaction score
Hi. Need help.. After I installed Windows 10 I lost three previous user accounts (including the one with all my needed files on it. As well, I can only access a few pictures that were loaded onto the User Acct. Can anyone tell me how to retrieve previous account settings as well as the pictures file(s).

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Have you looked in
C:\Windows.OLD\Users
OR
C:\Users
To see if the "lost" profile folders are still there?
If so, you may want to back them up for safe keeping on external media.
I mean no disrespect, but....
I'm continuously baffled by the shear number of people who perform something as major, as an Operating System Upgrade, without first making sure that all their critical data is backed up and secure on external media.
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/please-for-your-own-peace-of-mind.794/

Reaction score
Where, in which folder did you store the images? Was that somewhere inside your user folder? Note that what is called "Pictures" inside the user folder only is a link, which must not necessarily point to a location inside that folder. Or have they maybe even been on another drive?
If the pictures are not where they are supposed to be in the user Picture's folder. Uninstalling will not bring them back from the digital trash dump.

Ask a Question