Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10 then back to Windows 7

Reaction score
Many years latter I think I should go back to Windows 10. I keep using Win 7 so I could help my mother with her Win 7 system over the phone. Now I can go back to Win 10 because my sister gave her a MAC and will help her now. How would I go back to Win 10 without having to buy it.

Reaction score
did you already had Win10 on that pc? if yes, you just make a clean install, or you also can upgrade to Win10 without problems. It is still free.
a few months back I had to change a laptop from windows 7 home to win7 pro. I installed Win7 pro and upgraded to Win10 without a problem and free. Now my laptop runs Win10 pro instead of home.

Reaction score
did you already had Win10 on that pc? if yes, you just make a clean install, or you also can upgrade to Win10 without problems. It is still free.
a few months back I had to change a laptop from windows 7 home to win7 pro. I installed Win7 pro and upgraded to Win10 without a problem and free. Now my laptop runs Win10 pro instead of home.
It started out as Win 7 and when Win 10 came out I upgraded it. However, my mother needed help a lot on her Win 7 PC so I went back to Win 7 so I could help her over the phone. Would I still be able to go back to Win 10 for free?

Reaction score
Not sure, but, about your dilemma. But I think it has registered as being Windows 10 ok. I am in a similar situation with a totally computer illiterate wife. Why not go for a dual boot 7/10?

Reaction score
Since you had win10 already on the pc, an upgrade will do without problems. your pc is already registered with a token on the ms servers. you do not even have to buy a license for it.

Ask a Question