Windows Defender and AVG

Reaction score
Will Windows Defender be automatically disabled when I install AVG anti-virus (free version)?

Reaction score
Windows defender disables itself with 3rd party antivirus installs. Microsoft doesn't want to be seen as monopolizing LOL. After you install AVG check and see that Defender is in fact disabled.
Just saying, there are other good options for out there for antivirus programs. Personally I think AVG hogs valuable system resources.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for the info Norton. I noticed that my computer seems slower with AVG, so I thought I had 2 antivirus programs running at the same time(AVG and Defender). AVG as a resource hog must be the reason for slowness. My laptop is 6 years old and has 4 G of RAM and an Intel processor that came out in 2009.

Reaction score
I'm running Avira on a total of 5 family PC's. Avira is a free antivirus program and does its job very well.
Everytime I do a clean up on the Grandkid's PC I never find anything serious, maybe the odd PUP. The kids are all over the place playing games Roblox, Steam,, Youtube... you name it. I run Malwarebytes and Avira on all PC's nothing serious if anything ever gets through. Yet!

Ask a Question