SOLVED Windows Defender Download

Reaction score
I upgraded from Win 7. After upgrade, I noticed that Defender was not on. The reason turned out to be that Microsoft Security Essentials had not fully been deleted.

I got with Microsoft Customer Service and they were able to fully delete MSE. The only problem now, I do not have Windows Defender program.

My question: Where can I find the Windows Defender download?

Reaction score
Left click at Start button > left side, click All apps >
scroll down to W > click open Windows System > do you see Windows Defender at the end of the list ?
If yes, click it > does Windows Defender pop up ?
If yes, click Update if it asks for updating then run the scan the first time.

If it all works out, you can Pin WD to Start or to your taskbar, or even a desktop shortcut but it will take a couple of more clicks to get that.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, I did. I think the program got deleted. That's why I wanted to find a place that I could find the download.

Reaction score
Yes, I did. I think the program got deleted. That's why I wanted to find a place that I could find the download.

Do I understand correctly that you did open Windows System and Windows Defender is NOT there ?

If so, I don't know how to help you.
WD is part of the operating system. It is not supposed to get deleted.

Should NEVER seek help from those so-called Help Desk variety.
Should NEVER allow anyone to gain remote access to your computer which you did obviously.

Sorry I am of no use to you.

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Go here
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender
right click MSASCui.exe
Choose "Pin to Start" right click it again and choose "Pin to Taskbar"
Does that work for you?

Reaction score
I upgraded from Win 7. After upgrade, I noticed that Defender was not on. The reason turned out to be that Microsoft Security Essentials had not fully been deleted.

I got with Microsoft Customer Service and they were able to fully delete MSE. The only problem now, I do not have Windows Defender program.

My question: Where can I find the Windows Defender download?

Thank you for marking this thread Solved 10 - 12 hours ago.
I would assume that the advice given by the moderator is the answer you needed.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Ask a Question