Windows Defender

Reaction score
I have not used Defender for last 3 months, changed to AVG which works well.
But always a trier I decided to give Defender another chance, hoping that updates had fixed my problem which is slow system response and I do like to stick to Windows programs etc.
Well my new Defender, with a totaly updated Windows 10, still uses up about half the CP time even after a full hour run time..
On my system there seems no way out of this situation which does not improve with extended use time.. The system works well, programs and Apps work well if I can be bothered to wait--and wait--and wait.
I have given up and will return to AVG which does not consume CP time, or any other program/App time as far as I can tell.
So I am reluctantly forced back to AVG standard release, not the purchased level.
Has anybody else suffered this problem
And does anyone else care ?????

Reaction score
Not here. Two browsers open at the moment, which gives Defender a little more to watch. And Yes, I am sure some care on this help forum.

Capture1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Reaction score
What do you have starting with the system?, that may be causing your high usage?, disable what you don't need!. I use Windows Defender and don't have any problems with it: :)

start up.JPG

Reaction score
Thanks for caring gentlemen and for your various advices , seems all your Defenders are working well.
I have just realised that even with AVG running, activation of Defenders Limited Periodic Scanning causes Antimalware Service Executable to use up 45-55% of CP time. As many times as I care to try it.
And of course the original problem with Defender remains.
So I am resigned to AVG, even though its sales interjections annoy me, at least my system runs at a reasonable speed.

Ask a Question