windows display adapter

Reaction score
I have a Toshiba C-70A laptop that doesnt support miracast and I woild like to connect it to my new TV. Will a windows display adapter do the job or if it won't what equipment do I need

Reaction score
Since your Laptop should have a HDMI port according to the specs at least, connect it via HDMI cable and you are good to go...

Reaction score

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
That link I gave says you can use and adapter.......the device doing the projecting(in your case this laptop doesn't support it) has to support miracast.

Quote:
If the device you're projecting to doesn’t support Miracast, then you’ll need a Miracast adapter (sometimes also called a dongle) that plugs into an HDMI port on your display device. The adapter lets your PC communicate wirelessly with the display device.
A variety of manufacturers offer Miracast adapters, such as the ActiontecScreenBeam Pro Wireless Display Receiver and the NetGearPush2TV (PTV3000) Wireless Display Adapter. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to connect the adapter.
You should also update the firmware on your adapter by going to the Support section of the manufacturer's website, searching on your specific device, and following their instructions to download and install that firmware. You can also check the Windows Store to see if there’s an app that'll update the firmware on your adapter.

I recommend you re-read the article thoroughly.

Reaction score
That link I gave says you can use and adapter.......the device doing the projecting(in your case this laptop doesn't support it) has to support miracast.

Quote:
If the device you're projecting to doesn’t support Miracast, then you’ll need a Miracast adapter (sometimes also called a dongle) that plugs into an HDMI port on your display device. The adapter lets your PC communicate wirelessly with the display device.
A variety of manufacturers offer Miracast adapters, such as the ActiontecScreenBeam Pro Wireless Display Receiver and the NetGearPush2TV (PTV3000) Wireless Display Adapter. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to connect the adapter.
You should also update the firmware on your adapter by going to the Support section of the manufacturer's website, searching on your specific device, and following their instructions to download and install that firmware. You can also check the Windows Store to see if there’s an app that'll update the firmware on your adapter.

I recommend you re-read the article thoroughly.
OK I ordered the NetGearPush2TV{PTV3000} but my Toshiba laptop doesn't support miracast what should I buy to make it support miracast so that I have a complete wireless system

Reaction score
You need to install a server application on your computer like plex Mediaserver, Allshare or smartshare but usually the TV should be able to access your laptop using the smartshare app (it need to find your laptop first).Every OS since Windows 7 has a mediaplayer that should be recognized by the smartshare app. If you look in your network environment you should see them on every PC. At least that is what my LG Smart TV does. Others should work similar. I know Samsung needs its own Server app to be able to stream but this Info is a few years old so I am not up-to-date on that cause I have banned Samsung products.....
On my Windows 10 I can rightclick on the video I want to see and cast it to my TV

2016-12-27_185022.png

Of course you can always go with a Roku, Firestick,Chromecast etc to be able to search your network. Remember, your PC needs to be visible on your network AND have shared folders/Drives for the video to stream...

Ask a Question