Windows Edge (Not Responding)

Reaction score
Earlier this morning I was running into an issue of internet windows (Not Responding), and it seemed to mainly happen when I had multiple windows open. I then switched to only having one window open, and it seemed to work fine for a while. Then that window froze on me. I went through task manager to shut it down. Now when I open Edge it won't allow me to type anything in the search box. Any suggestions? This has never happened to me before.

Reaction score
Thanks! It ended up that there was an update I needed to do. Took like an hour to update, though! Ha. But it was fine after that.

Reaction score
I have given up on Edge and goneback to Firefox. Too many times it would not load a site, once baldly stating that fact and that was it!.

Reaction score
I'm still using Edge as my primary web browser since it works fine for me, however I also have SeaMonkey for writing web pages with in WYSIWYG format. Edge is a new browser with a less than stable engine, it will take time to mature.

At least it isn't IE 6 :D

Reaction score
Earlier this morning I was running into an issue of internet windows (Not Responding), and it seemed to mainly happen when I had multiple windows open. I then switched to only having one window open, and it seemed to work fine for a while. Then that window froze on me. I went through task manager to shut it down. Now when I open Edge it won't allow me to type anything in the search box. Any suggestions? This has never happened to me before.

Reaction score
I am not sure if this is the place for this however,
My 'E' seems to have lost the opening page with the feeds coming through
I can still use the Favorites and put in a search in the search box
but the opening page with the feeds are gone
Where should I start looking to fix this
Maybe download 'e' again?

Reaction score
Edge Is Garbage it would and still does freeze even when just surfing the net ive gone back to ie

Reaction score
i don't use edge or cortana , most of the apps etc on windows 10 are of no use to me . i dont like windows 10 at all but lumbered with it . i have disabled cortana and edge via the firewall

Reaction score
Edge Is Garbage it would and still does freeze even when just surfing the net ive gone back to ie

Well Edge is designed to work on new technology websites and IE for legacy websites. That's why there is an option in Edge to open the page in IE from the Edge menu.

It also could be your profile is corrupt. That happens in All MS OS's.

Ask a Question