SOLVED Windows error code -1073741819?

Reaction score
I recently upgraded my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10 (my PC is custom built if that helps). Anyways installing Windows 10 wasn't easy and I had to go through a bunch of crazy steps for it to install, since there was allot involved I'll leave a link to the page that has all the steps of what I had to do to get windows to install http://www.daringcoders.com/2015/01/windows-10-9926-technical-preview-issue/. Anyways my computer is running Windows 10, however whenever I try to axes my anti virus, run the program that controls fan speeds, and try to update the Nvidia GeForce drives I get an error message pop up, the error message being "Error message (-1073741819). Could anybody help me solve this problem its getting annoying. THANKS A MILLION :)

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum
Doing some checking around the web and it looks like some people are reporting this error might be associated with a corrupt sound scheme.
Right click the speaker icon down near the clock in your taskbar and choose "Sounds".
In the resultant window use the Sound Scheme drop down box to switch to "no sounds".
If that resolves the problem you might go back and switch it to "Windows Default"
Sounds crazy I know. Just passing along what I've been reading.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Seriously???
I'm amazed myself. Just glad to hear that it got you over the hump.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with your results.

Ask a Question