WIndows Essentials no longer installs

GH1

Reaction score
Have had Live Mail for years and recently had a problem with a maybe scammer.
Did a Win 10 install from an iso to clear things out and am unable to get Live Mail to reinstall.

It says it has failed but is actually in the Program Folder and will partially run.

Would really like it to go so does anyone have a way of enabling it.

Obviously I have an Installable version of it.

Am using Opera mail but dont like it much

I did install it again on a Win 10 machine about 3 months ago and it works Ok so it must be the latest updates that are mucking it up

GH1

Reaction score
Have done that on the machine several times I did a new install on and have a Surface which I bought with a fresh install and it wont work on that either.

I did read that somehow Microsoft have done something which makes it incompatible with the Creator update.

As they stopped supporting it in January maybe they have disabled it from installing.

It still runs on my friends two machines including the one mentioned above that a Microsoft tech told her to uninstall Mail to fix a minor problem. He neglected to tell her to save her emails (About 1500) and they disappeared.

However a reinstall of Live Mail and they miraculously appeared.

Bloody techs??? that read so called solutions out of a book.

Reaction score
It still runs on my friends two machines including the one mentioned above that a Microsoft tech told her to uninstall Mail to fix a minor problem. He neglected to tell her to save her emails (About 1500) and they disappeared.

However a reinstall of Live Mail and they miraculously appeared.

Bloody techs??? that read so called solutions out of a book.
I installed Windows Live Mail 2012 on 2 new computers just 2 weeks ago without issue, didn't need the whole suite.

Their messages "magically" appeared because WLM was set to leave a copy on the Server until Deleted.

GH1

Reaction score
I installed Windows Live Mail 2012 on 2 new computers just 2 weeks ago without issue, didn't need the whole suite.

Their messages "magically" appeared because WLM was set to leave a copy on the Server until Deleted.

Yes but we got back contacts and everything and they arent on the server. It came back exactly as it was previously.

DId you run the creator update before installing Essentials because i also did it before that was installed but wont do it afterwards I even reinstalled windows on the Surface and it still wont do it

Reaction score
Yes but we got back contacts and everything and they arent on the server. It came back exactly as it was previously.

DId you run the creator update before installing Essentials because i also did it before that was installed but wont do it afterwards I even reinstalled windows on the Surface and it still wont do it
Yes, set the new computers up, did the Upgrade to Version 1709 then did all the for that. Did WLM last.

Reaction score
I too couldn’t get WLE to install on my laptop after a clean install of Windows 10 pro.
I’ve tried several times.

Reaction score
I'd try installing only one program at a time from Windows Live Essentials. As far as I can recall there were a couple programs that wouldn't work but can't remember which. I only needed Windows Live Mail for the company, a non-profit animal shelter.

Reaction score
I only require movie maker & photos but even installing one program failed. I’m going to try again.

GH1

Reaction score
Make sure your language in REGION is set to ENGLISH UK and follow the link I provided above. I only installed Mail and Movie Maker and it worked on my desktop which has all stuff installed.

I had deleted it and removed it from the registry of My Surface and i tried to install it with language set to English US and the US version from the above site didnt work,
So I reset the laptop by installing Windoze with a remove everything install W E was the first thing I reinstalled using the ENG UK link It worked.

Reaction score
Yes region is UK English, I tried installing again, I still had the error but Moviemaker & photos worked however when opening Mail I had errors, ignoring them allows the program to work but they appear again whenever I open the program again so have to ignore them again. I’ll keep MM & photos but not Mail.

GH1

Reaction score
Heres how to install successfully
Set computer to have
Language UK
Keyboard US int UK
hit WINKEY +Space
Type Windows features/ hit enter

Turn Netframework 3.5 ON
Exit
Install Live mail or whichever bit you want

Ask a Question