Windows factory setting failed

Reaction score
Good day. I had a lot of files so I decided to reset to factory settings. Computer at 2% turned off, so I tryed to turn it on again,but windows refused to start, it turned off after the manufacturer's logo showed, so I decided to download windows 10 installer (https://www.microsoft.com/cs-cz/software-download/windows10) and put it into my USB. I tryed to reinstall windows through usb port, but it needs to turn on the windows that can not be launched (possibly due to incomplete reset to factory settings that might have deleted important windows files). How can I re-install windows 10 without needing to access windows?

Last edited:
Reaction score
You need to go to your bios and change the boot order to USB.
Different make has different key to go to bios.
Mine is F2 and this is what I would do if I needed to go to Bios......
shut down computer > restart > immediately pressing F2 key until the Bios screen appears.( If you are late pressing F2, start over again ).

Reaction score
Windows installation that is on the USB does start when i restart the computer. I want to know if there is any way to install windows 10 without the need of accessing the windows. Because when I try to install it from USB before windows loads, it asks me in what language I want to install and then immediatly after it, it wants me to restart and start the windows, but I can't, because my windows is (most likely) corrupted. I did factory reset and that turned off my computer at 2%. I can't do anything to reset my computer now, it says That it can't repair windows because something is missing, so I though I will try to reinstall Windows 10.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I want to know if there is any way to install windows 10 without the need of accessing the windows.
Yes.....
AND
No.
You cannot perform an in-place, upgrade / repair install outside of the Operating System.
You can perform a custom clean install but that will cost you all your files (data), programs and drivers. Assuming that the previous installation of Windows 10 had been activated on that machine.
So you'll probably want to seriously consider backing up any critical data in advance of going forward with that option.

Ask a Question