SOLVED Windows Gadgets

Reaction score
After four days of flawless Win 10 performance, I installed the Windows Gadgets Sidebar, and I still haven't recovered completely. It restarted every five to ten minutes, and I finally shut off all the gadgets. It's now running fine. But I can't uninstall it, because I cannot find the sidebar or gadget folders.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Microsoft hand long ago abandoned Sidebar Gadgets and their associated widgets, citing potential security issues and possible attack vectors.
Where did you get the software to install it on a Windows 10 computer?
Perhaps if you can identify the source, that might provide an opportunity to come up with a plan to uninstall it

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
There is also an uninstaller included which removes everything the installer added.
So that would suggest that there is an uninstaller. Perhaps under all apps as part of the installation directory or part of the download (where ever you downloaded it to and extracted it) or in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86).
OR
Control panel, programs and features

Apparently they also have a tool http://8gadgetpack.net/8GadgetPackUninstaller.exe

Reaction score
Thank you, Trouble. I fpound it under Control Panel--Programs and Features, listed as Win8Gadgets.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Glad to hear that you managed to resolve your issue.
Thanks for posting back and updating your thread with that information.
Much appreciated.
Regards
Randy

Ask a Question