Windows is deleting my files off the desktop and or out of my download folder during reboot...

Reaction score
Okay I just upgraded to Windows 10 this morning and I had all of my downloaded files from other websites all in the desktop under a folder called software after the upgrade it opened up Windows 10 and ran me through the tutorial, and had me reboot after I change some settings. when it rebooted it took about 20 minutes said something about some new features and "we want to show you new features" and others some other junk. finally when I did pull the explorer back up the only thing that was there was the recycle bin, my computer, and the downloads folder which was empty I went through every inch of my hard drive I even went over it with undelete Pro and still no traces of my files they were archive files and setup files for software. when I finally did find a trace of one of my old folders, the only thing that would it would tell me was that it was unavailable and that it must've been moved or deleted I took a picture of the error message and can't find answers anywhere... please help!!!!

Attachments

• tmp_29827-20160118_160617~2-1071440441.jpg
    tmp_29827-20160118_160617~2-1071440441.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 491
Reaction score
Okay I just upgraded to Windows 10 this morning and I had all of my downloaded files from other websites all in the desktop under a folder called software after the upgrade it opened up Windows 10 and ran me through the tutorial, and had me reboot after I change some settings. when it rebooted it took about 20 minutes said something about some new features and "we want to show you new features" and others some other junk. finally when I did pull the explorer back up the only thing that was there was the recycle bin, my computer, and the downloads folder which was empty I went through every inch of my hard drive I even went over it with undelete Pro and still no traces of my files they were archive files and setup files for software. when I finally did find a trace of one of my old folders, the only thing that would it would tell me was that it was unavailable and that it must've been moved or deleted I took a picture of the error message and can't find answers anywhere... please help!!!!

Attachments

• tmp_29827-20160118_160617~2-1866586610.jpg
    tmp_29827-20160118_160617~2-1866586610.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 482

Ask a Question