SOLVED Windows Live Mail 10

BSM

Reaction score
Keep getting error code 0x801941F7 which prevents any use of the live mail. No receipt of emails or their content of those recently received . Help please.

BSM

Reaction score
Keep getting error code 0x801941F7 which prevents any use of the live mail. No receipt of emails or their content of those recently received . Help please.

Did you apply the so-called "fix" which MS sent?
If so, delete live mail. Download Windows live essentials again :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/essentials

Select customise, and only select the Mail option
Do not install the fix. It is not applicable to windows10 .
Thank you for your advice which I intend to follow. However, I am concerned that by deleting the live mail, I will loose all my stored emails in the storage folders which contains all valuable irretrievable information. Please can you reassure me about this?

Reaction score
Copy (NOT move) this entire folder to a safe place

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

When you have reinstalled Live Mail. you can copy the folder back to its original location, and you will find all your folders and mail intact.
Alternatively, after the reinstall, you could go to the File- Options - Mail. - Advanced Setting Maintenance, and change the Store folder to your saved folder

3rd Choice. Open File - Export, and export your Email and account info to a safe place.

BSM

Reaction score
I will try your methods in the hope that at 75 years of age I can somehow overcome the problem. I thank you for your support.

BSM

Reaction score
I went through your instructions but it failed to achieve a favourable outcome . However I did receive a different error code which was 0x8DE0005. On researching the microsoft website,(after much searching there) I discovered that for persons using a Microsoft Server under email addresses with a hotmail, msn, outlook. etc in the title, have all had this experience of not being able to use their Live Mail accounts after a recent Windows 10 update.
I was able to download a temporary solution in which the incoming server was changed to IMAC from POP and varies ports changed amongst other things was has resulted in Live Mail now working.
I do thank you for your assistance in this matter and nodoubt if I had originally been aware of the revised error code you would probably would have been able to guide me to achieve what has taken me a number of days, immediately as you would already been aware of this problem.
Thank you very much and I suspect that I may well have use of your services in the future as at my age (75) my understanding of these matters is strictly limited.
Regards BSM

Reaction score
Ok. Glad you have got it resolved.
History now, for you, but I have two Hotmail (outlook) accounts and msn. I have not had any problems.

I am totally bewildered as to what Imac could possibly have to do with the problems you encountered

Reaction score
Had several that claimed WLM was dead, (I ask dead) yes it will send email but will not receive any email,
solved by "open email, delete the account, reboot open email again, and import the saved hotmail(xxx).iaf
then open hotmail (xxx) and simply add the password back, all hotmail started to download and complete,
seems that some hotmail servers had a glitch. so easy fix...

Ask a Question