Windows Live Mail 2011

PAP

Reaction score
My windows live mail will not open, just hangs with blue circle going round.
I am not very computer literate, so if anyone is able to advise me what I need to do please keep it simple !
Many Thanks

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi PAP,

Welcome to the Forum.

Have you attempting to run a repair on your Windows Live Mail yet?

If not then:
  • Press Windows key and S key together to give focus to your Search box
  • In the Search box type Programs and Features then press your Enter key
  • In the window that opens Scroll down and locate Windows Essentials 2011. Once located left-click on Windows Essentials 2011, then at top of window in its tool bar click Uninstall/Change

This will open the following window where you can click the second option: Repair all Windows Essential programs

Untitled.png

By the way, as you can see in my image my version is Windows Essentials 2012. You may find this a little more stable on Windows 10 so it may be worth seeing if you can upgrade to the 2012 version which would also help resolve your hanging issue.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi,

Are you using Live Mail in conjunction with Outlook Web email?

Microsoft had informed me earlier in the year that Windows Live mail would no longer be supported when using Outlook Web mail.

Jaco

Reaction score
I agree with jaco2x4. Livemail does not work with hotmail,livemail,outlook webmail or whatever you call it. I had to change to a different Email client (I chose Thunderbird) which works as it should....

Reaction score
The last two posts are correct, but are not associated with the query in the first post.

It is being repeated, so forgive me, but....
WLM is a standalone desktop program. "Support" in Microsoft terms, in this instance means that it will no longer receive updates (It hardly ever has), and enquiries for help will not be dealt with.
The MS server, which links to WLM, has changed and will, as said, no longer fetch or send mail from WLM. If you are using the program, with your ISP server, it will continue to work normally.

Imo, it is still one of the best desktop email programs, and have circumvented the problem, by leaving a forwarding option on the internet outlook page, to send on to my ISP mail service. This means that I continue to get and send live outlook and other mail with the desktop WLM.

Regedit's suggestion, regarding upgrading WLM to the later version, should be enough.

Last edited:

Ask a Question