SOLVED Windows Live Mail not working properly

Reaction score
Since Windows 10 downloaded, my Windows Live Mail will not let me open any of the links in my incoming emails? Is this some sort of security setting or default problem???

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
What happens when you click on a link in your email? Do you get an error or any pop-up?
Have you tried setting Internet Explorer as your default browser, just to take Edge out of the equation?

Reaction score
What are the links?
Have you looked in the safety options - Click "File" and "Options" and then "Safety".-Security.

Capture.PNG

I have several similar comments on this, after an upgrade, and it seems that in many cases the only solution is to uninstall and reinstall Windows Essentials. If you take that course, it might be a good idea to export you mail and contacts to somewhere safe.

Reaction score
What happens when you click on a link in your email? Do you get an error or any pop-up?
Have you tried setting Internet Explorer as your default browser, just to take Edge out of the equation?
Okay, I think you have solved the problem.....I still had Internet Explorer as my default......I changed it to EDGE and it is now opening the links. Thank you.

I did however get an alert from Norton the EDGE does not yet allow extensions and it wants me to select one of the other supported browsers...Google, Firefox or Internet Explorer?

Reaction score
Okay, I think you have solved the problem.....I still had Internet Explorer as my default......I changed it to EDGE and it is now opening the links. Thank you.

I did however get an alert from Norton the EDGE does not yet allow extensions and it wants me to select one of the other supported browsers...Google, Firefox or Internet Explorer?

Reaction score
?? I would be interested in hearing what links are concerned here, if not to private?? This doent seem to jell.,
I am always suspicious when Norton is mentioned - lol.

Reaction score
?? I would be interested in hearing what links are concerned here, if not to private?? This doent seem to jell.,
I am always suspicious when Norton is mentioned - lol.
Well, if I got a message on Facebook, it used to come to my email and I could hit the "view message on Facebook" and it would go there automatically.....also, my online accounts (macpass, credit cards etc.)....any internet link would go to automatically. However, this all stopped when I downloaded Windows 10 and I think it was because I stayed with Internet Explorer as my default......??? I'm not really knowledgeable with computers....but switching to the Edge for default seems to have restored my direct access to accounts, even though Norton warns me that I am not protected?

Reaction score
Edge is the default in Windows 10, so I guess you changed it to IE after the upgrade?

Ask a Question