Windows Live Mail opens but will not load

Reaction score
I just updated to Windows 10 Home 64 bit

I was assured that my Windows Live Mail would work In Googling this, there have been mixed reviews. Many say their WLM works fine and others say it doesn't. The program opens but there isn't anything in it and the little blue circle just keeps turning. When I open Task Manager to shut it down it shows that the program isn't responding.

I have an extensive library of folders with a lot of important data in my WLM account. I did save everything to my external before doing this upgrade, but if I can't get Windows Live Mail to work, how will I open the documents I've saved.

1. Does anyone know how I can get WLM working?
2. If I can't, does anyone know how I can open and have access to the information in the document's I've saved in WLM? Is there some other program that will allow me to do this?

Reaction score
No one attempted to answer me, but I found a solution so I ill post back in case I can help someone else. I finally got the idea to right click Windows Live Mail icon/Preferences/Compatability. I ran the compatability trouble shooter on top and then when it completed I let them make changes and walla! -- my files and folders loaded. I then selected to keep those settings so I'm hoping that everything is now all set.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your experience and solution.
Much appreciated.

Ask a Question