Windows Live Mail won't save new password.

Reaction score
This has happened before and I've tried every possible suggestion on this site and nothing works, except going back to the original password I set up my ISP's email account with. Unfortunately someone was hacking my account and my ISP told me to change my password, which I did. Now the same problem raises it's ugly head, every time I open Live Mail, I get a popup asking for my password, doesn't matter how many times I check the remember password box. This is obviously a problem with Windows 10, because it never happened with 7.Even though I've received many Win10 updates over the past year, why wasn't there one to address this problem included????? THIS REALLY PISSES ME OFF MICROSOFT.......................FIX IT!!!!

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your last outlined comment is answered by Trouble.

I have recently changed to MS outlook, but still run Live Mail for personal reasons. As your email address is with your ISP, I would suggest the problem is not with windows or MS, but something that is required by your ISP.

fwiw. Microsoft , as said, no longer supports Live Mail. But It is a standalone desktop program and should continue to work for you, subject to the ambiguous restrictions stated in the link given by Trouble. Mine remains as ever - synchronising etc.

My own interpretation is that "support", means MS will not offer help.

Reaction score

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I do not like the new email program provided by Windows 10!
Nor do I.
If I wanted some online mail program, I would be using one. I prefer to use the one provided by my ISP
Which one might that be?
Your OP seemed to indicate "Windows Live Mail" as being at issue and the source of your concern.

Ask a Question