Windows Live Mail.

Reaction score
Good morning. I am running windows 10 and have a problem opening Windows live mail. It is still running somewhere on my computer as it keeps telling me that I have new mail, but I cannot open it to see the mails.

I get a notification that says "INTERNET SECURITY WARNING. The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified.

The Certificate's CN name does not match the passed value.
Do you want to continue using this server?

When I press YES it just spins indefinitely and never opens.

I get a error message 0x800c0006 when I try reinstall Windows Essential.

I know Microsoft no longer supports this and that as far as I can make out the last update has somehow corrupted this.

Does anyone know how to fix this????

Reaction score
No I cannot open it at all. I did read your threat (or a thread similar) with all the settings, but I cannot get into my e-mail to do that. It just spins right from the beginning.

Reaction score
Thank you so much. It has picked up 20 program stability issues and 1331 registry issues. I am now trying to phone them to make sure that this will fix my problem as they are now needing payment and do not want to pay for something that may not work :) Thank you so much for your help.

Reaction score
=H NO!!

I didn't mean you to run there fault finder. That is a rip off.

Go further down the page and look here:

Capture.PNG

Reaction score
Thank you so much Dave for all your help but truly nothing has worked. I have finally given in and have a Comp Tech coming to have a look at the computer. I truly have run out of options at this stage and if I was not so desperate to get my e-mails (past ones) I would just used another e-mail system.

Thanks for being so awesome.

Reaction score
As a quick measure, have you tried the built in Mail app -In the start menu, just scroll down.

Reaction score
The computer guy came round last night and said he cannot fix it either. He says he will have to find an older version of Windows 10, open e-mail there (that he has saved from my computer) and then migrate it all to outlook or something like that. Think I will just have to resign myself to the fact that I have lost my e-mails. :(

Reaction score
As I said. Open the built in "Mail" program". Put in your Email address and see if it can collect your old mail.

Reaction score
I am reviving this thread, for the sake of Windows live mail users.
I have returned to WLM, modifying it as I suggest. After one month of use, it has not yet failed.

See my post #4 in the link
https://www.windows10forums.com/threads/mail-program.14560/#post-71027

You must change the server details, in order to continue using WLM in its full capacity with third party servers.
The main problem has been, for posters, is finding the *:exe which will install. MS seemed to have crippled most that are available on the web.

I have put my own original installation *.exe, up on File factory, here
http://www.filefactory.com/file/5e1yjlqqkeo7?ns=1&dd=1

I am afraid it is a rather slow server.

It will be valid on that server for 90 days, so, if interested, grab a copy.

If Ian, the Administrator, would like to tuck it in to a safe place, then be my guest. There is nothing illegal in the operation.

Reaction score
IT WORKED :) IT WORKED:)IT WORKED:) IT WORKED:)
Thank you so much. I really appreciate all your help.

Reaction score
Bettina, there was once the same mistake I had, not how I could not solve it, I had to call the master home.

Ask a Question