Windows Logo Key not working

Reaction score
After some updates on Windows 10, the function keys were the first that started not to work properly. At first when I just want to refresh a page on a browser, I'll just simply press the F5 key. But now, I need to press the Fn + F5 key to do a refresh.

Then all of a sudden, the Windows Logo key started to not work as well. I can't do any shortcuts now like (Windows + R) to open up the run window easily.

When I plugged in my external keyboard, everything was working like before with the function keys and windows logo key. I already tried searching the net for possible troubleshooting steps but nothing seems to work. Is there a fix for this or do I have to replace the keyboard on my laptop?

Any suggestions or recommendations will be appreciated. Thank you!

Reaction score
I'd right-click the Start button, choose Device Manager, Keyboard then try updating the driver. If that doesn't work I'd delete the keyboard there then reboot, let Windows reinstall it.

Reaction score
Hi @Bighorn, I already tried to update the driver using device manager, but the problem is still there. There are 2 results showing under the keyboard as seen in the picture. Which one should I delete? After deletion, will it re-install automatically? I might not be able to sign in on my laptop if it won't function after reboot. Thanks!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 539
Reaction score
I'd delete both, Windows has always reinstalled at the next bootup for me. You would not be deleting the installed drivers. Another thing to mention the possibility with Notebooks of pulling out the power cord and removing the battery, if possible, then startup again, tends to put hardware back normal. And do have the external keyboard unplugged at the time.

Reaction score
Hi, @Bighorn. I tried to remove both keyboards then did a restart, but it doesn't seem to fix the problem that I'm having. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for the help by the way!

Reaction score
It seems the situation needs a hands-on approach at this point. Local shop?

Ask a Question