Windows Mail - Not receiving Mail

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kristy Monk, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Kristy Monk

Kristy Monk

Since upgrading to Windows 10, I am having issues with the Mail. I use my personal email address from Comcast set as my microsoft account. I also have a 2nd email account that I use. I have added both of those accounts to windows Mail, yet I never can retrieve any emails from the account set for my Microsoft. They both work fine on my phone and can send and receive. But for the life of me, I cannot get mail to come in on my computer using the Windows Mail. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

Kristy Monk, Dec 22, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Kristy Monk

PAllen38

I have same problem...3 accounts linked in windows 10 mail... gmail, Outlook and Cox (communications, my isp provider). Can send and receive with gmail and Outlook, but nothing that comes into the cox account is received...even though all are linked. Have to go to Cox webmail to see stuff sent to pallen38@cox.net.
    Have cked everything I've seen suggested in forums...calendar and mail settings allow apps to access in privacy, still not getting stuff on my main (cox) email.
    "Cox account is out of date" keeps coming up after sending an email from that account (arrives in coxx webmail, but not on computer windows 10 mail. Repeatedly enter password and hit save, but still comes up over and over. Anybody have a suggestion?
    Also, I've established my name as signature, but stuff sent still has "sent from Windows 10", even though signature setting seems OK. Maybe I should re-install windows 10...bad installation first time?
    thx

PAllen38, Oct 6, 2016
    1. Advertisements

3. Kristy Monk

Redrob7

Hi I have hot mail account but can not sync new mail from outside of Microsoft I do get there mail but no one else same problem on my windows phone 535 lumina was fine until last major update

Redrob7, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Kristy Monk

PAllen38

Ths Redrob7, My CA nephew (an IT guy) solved problem for me by having me enter the windows 10 Cox email account as an IMAP account rather than POP3 which I'd been doing. It worked. Don't know if that helps you, but I'm happy. (Haven't had any problems getting stuff on my MotoE Android phone).

PAllen38, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Kristy Monk

Jake B

Remember if you set your account as IMAP that if you delete mail it moves it to deleted items. My email is Bright House Roadrunner and I use outlook as POP3 (set not to delete emails after downloaded) and Windows 10 Mail as IMAP. I'm allotted so much space and I have to delete from the server every so often. If I've deleted from Win 10 Mail inbox it never goes to 0% if I have stuff in the deleted items folder for that account.

Jake B, Oct 12, 2016
  6. Kristy Monk

ESGTiger

ESGTiger, Oct 28, 2016
  7. Kristy Monk

PAllen38

Sollution from tech guy nephew in CA...said delete POP3 cox accnt and re-estabish as an IMAP account. That works, and am getting all emails on windows 10 now.

PAllen38, Oct 28, 2016
    1. Advertisements