Windows Mail

Reaction score
I am running the latest version of Windows 10. I am receiving multiple "scam" emails telling me that my PC is infected with a virus and I need to update my McAfee or Norton virus program (neither of which I have). This has only recently been a problem (receiving 3 or more each day from different sources). There does not appear to be any facility for preventing scam emails in my Mail program. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
No there isn’t, you can mark as spam with some accounts but that’s all. You’re meant to go to the webmail version of the account to create mail rules.
Unfortunately Spam will always be a problem. By opening the mail it can often show the account is genuine so you being to receive more. This is why I sent MS feedback on being able to turn off the preview pane within the Spam folder or even for all accounts.
Due to the lack of this I still use Windows Live Mail.

Reaction score
As I run Defender with backup manual scans of Malwarebytes I just ignore and delete messages like these.

Reaction score
And it's not just E-Mail, been getting phone calls about Norton but I haven't used Norton since it became part Symantec, too much bloat and Symantec dropped some good programs Norton had. Some ISPs are including Norton in their subscription.

Ask a Question