SOLVED Windows Media Player in Windows 10???

Reaction score
Yesterday I upgraded my HP G62 from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. About a few hours later, I received a notification prompting me to install windows media player. I hadn't done anything on the laptop yet, so it couldn't be malware (I had also reset the pc). Obviously I went on with the installation and installed windows media player! I thought this was impossible! Why is this??? Please explain why this happened. I also have screenshots of the application being used on windows 10
I will provide more information if necessary.
Capture 2.PNG
capture 3.PNG
Capture 2.PNG capture 3.PNG

Reaction score
Windows Media Player is part of Windows 10.
I know it needs to be enabled at first use, because that happened to me.

But, I fail to see why you had to "install" it.

Reaction score
Yes same thing happened to me must be the way it is.
Cant remember if i needed to install it though somehow i think i did but it works o/k thats the main thing.;)

Reaction score
Reaction score
Well thanks for your answers. But there was a popup and i forgot what it said about the media player. I hadnt installed anything in windows yet except for avg antivirus.

Reaction score
Also, i read somewhere on a different forum that said windows media player and media center wouldnt be availible.

Reaction score
Yesterday I upgraded my HP G62 from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. About a few hours later, I received a notification prompting me to install windows media player. I hadn't done anything on the laptop yet, so it couldn't be malware (I had also reset the pc). Obviously I went on with the installation and installed windows media player! I thought this was impossible! Why is this??? Please explain why this happened. I also have screenshots of the application being used on windows 10
I will provide more information if necessary.View attachment 882 View attachment 883 View attachment 882 View attachment 883
Same here i had to install Windows Media Player !

Reaction score
Hey, the program you download onto your laptop may be third-party program. You need to clean it up as soon as possible!! Otherwise it could slow down your laptop. I think the program that is explained in this page is quite similar with yours which also requires users download a media player but in fact it is an adware, you can get some details from it.

Ask a Question