SOLVED Windows not loading

Reaction score
Two days ago I returned to my computer which was on. The screen was displaying the latest Windows updates in progress, although I was unable to determine the update version at this point, as I was not at the computer. I let the update do its thing, while I was working on another computer. a few hours later, I noticed my screen was dark except for rotating circle in a activity mode. My hard drive activity light was out, and flashed on infrequently. I assumed it was still progressing with the updates, and I left the room. I returned two and a half hours later, only to find it in the same state I left it. By now, I am suspicious there is something wrong. I manually shutdown and rebooted the computer, which displayed a dark screen again and the rotating activity icon as before. The hard drive light was out, and flashed on a few times. The update process apparently had a serious failure. Now I was going to try and reboot in a safe mode which didn't work. However, after another reboot try I established with one of the F keys (not sure which one) a blue screen which stated that windows did not load correctly. It allowed me to choose from several operations of attempting to resolve the problem. Each choice I selected required a password. Unfortunately, my computer is over four years, and I could not remember the password. I am in desperate need of help to regain use of my computer, and not lose any data. I updated to windows 10 from windows 7 when it first became available. Again, I cannot get pass this problem in the state it is in. I would really appreciated some expert help. Thanks

Reaction score
A friend of mine who is a Microsoft insider solved my problem. The last update version 1607 failed which caused the problem.

Ask a Question