Windows says speakers aren't plugged in, but they are.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently did the Windows 10 upgrade. Previously, my speakers worked fine. Now, they won't work at all. My monitor has speakers, and they do work when I select the monitor. However, Windows is telling me that my desktop speakers are not plugged in. That's not true of course - they are plugged in the same way they always were before, using the 3-colored jacks.

The speakers are basic Logitech speakers - two desktop speakers and a subwoofer. I found the devices on the Logitech support website, and checked for drivers. Logitech says these speakers have no drivers.

I'm very frustrated with the entire upgrade process and at this point, I just want everything to work and be done with it. I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently did the Windows 10 upgrade. Previously, my speakers worked fine. Now, they won't work at all. My monitor has speakers, and they do work when I select the monitor. However, Windows is telling me that my desktop speakers are not plugged in. That's not true of course - they are plugged in the same way they always were before, using the 3-colored jacks.

The speakers are basic Logitech speakers - two desktop speakers and a subwoofer. I found the devices on the Logitech support website, and checked for drivers. Logitech says these speakers have no drivers.

I'm very frustrated with the entire upgrade process and at this point, I just want everything to work and be done with it. I appreciate any help you can offer.

Thank you.
I am having the exact same problem monitor sound, speakers plugged in windows 10 says they are not. Logitech speakers also. Word for word exactly the same for me. Please let me know if you find or found a fix. Thanks.

Reaction score
Have the exact same issue. Any solution to this?

Very annoying that Windows says that my sound device is not connected. Actually, the sound works fine sometimes for maybe 10 seconds just after booting up my PC - then suddenly the sound lack really much and goes very slowly and windows tells me that a "jack plug is not connected". All drivers is updated.

At Dell product support, I found that my PC actually is not compatible with Win10 (!) although windows stated at the time I upgraded from Win7 to Win10, that my PC was compatible...

Reaction score
I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION!
And the reason too.

The reason is that your sound card is not compatible with Win10 of some reason. In my case (Dell pc) the sound card is a integrated part of the motherboard and it is apparently not supported in Win10 or something like that. Updating or downgrading the realtek drivers did not help at all.

The solution is to buy a new sound card. Dont worry, it is very easy and cheap. At these days, a sound card comes as a little tiny USB stick. I bought a LogiLink USB Audio Adapter. The prize in Denmark was 65DKR = 8-9€ = 10$ (approximately). Link to the manufacturer: http://www.logilink.org/showproduct/UA0078.htm?seticlanguage=ne
I just plugged it in and attached the jack plug, and great sound came out of my speakers :D:D:D

I'm so happy :p

Ask a Question