SOLVED Windows scrolling uncontrolably

Reaction score
Hi
My windows 10 Home 64bit Desktop PC recently started scrolling automatically, every menu in Windows that needs to be scrolled goes straight to the bottom and stays there. I tried to download a new version of MBAM and i couldn't even select the language in the scroll bar. I can not make any selections in Windoes Settings, when i get as far as selecting from a scrolling menu i am sunk.
I am using a Tecknet cordless mouse. I swapped that out for a standard usb mouse and no joy. Batteries are fully charged also.

I restored to a previous time and the problem was still there.
Then i got a notification from Windows saying a new version of Windows was ready to be installed so i breathed a huge sigh of relief,i went ahead and ran the update and was shattered to discover that my problem is still here. The new version,obviously, has not included some changes i had made to the functionality of the OS and i cant even change most of those. Frustrating!!

Can anybody here help out?

Thank you

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You've said that you experimented by swapping out the wireless mouse for a USB wired mouse.
Did you remove the dongle during this process? Did you use a different USB port on the computer than the one you had been using with the dongle.
My other suggestion would be that you do not ignore the possibility that your keyboard might be effecting the computer.
IF it were mine I go back to the USB mouse and I would swap out the keyboard for a known good USB wired keyboard as well.
Making sure to sample various USB ports to make sure one or two wasn't flaking out.

Reaction score
Thank you for replying. I have since sorted this very annoying problem. I did not remove the dongle while trying the usb wired mouse. But i went back to it again and removed the donlgle,shut down the PC and rebooted. The problem was still there. I was about to give up when i accidentally moved the original cordless mouse and i saw it's curser moving on the screen wtf?? I went searching for another dongle and found it this time,seems there was an old unused one there i had forgotten about. So rebooted again and finally the nightmare was over. Lesson learned. Thank you for getting back to me and i am sure we will chat soon :)

Ask a Question