Windows Security... Access denied

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Apparently, my particular problem is wide spread and up to this point, none of the seemingly obvious solutions have proven helpful. I mapped a device with files from my Linux distro by creating a shortcut on my Windows 10 desktop.

When I am prompted for my credentials, it automatically provides an "access denied" prompt even before I enter my credentials. I own the folders/files, have the proper permissions and nothing is encrypted. So... all the experts have suggested logging in with my Windows account info (didn't work). Other suggestions included providing the computer name with the user name (didn't work). Keep in mind that to the best of my knowledge, the request for credentials is expecting credentials from the Linux box and not the Windows box. I did try both sets of credentials but that didn't work.

Does anyone have any other ideas on how to tackle this problem? I'm at wits end.

Reaction score
I'm still looking for a solution for the problem with security logins. I really need to get past this security glitch so I can network share the files on the Linux system.

Looking forward to hearing from more of you in this regards.

Ask a Question