SOLVED Windows security centre won’t open

Reaction score
Hi there
I have purchased a new pc and it won’t let me access any of the windows security settings like the firewall ect. I would be grateful if anybody has any ideas how to solve this.
Thanks
Colin

Reaction score
Hi Colin,

are you logged in as admin?. do you have another AV app installed like Norton or Avira etc?. Are you using Windows 10 in S Mode?. ;)

What is Windows 10 in S Mode? (howtogeek.com)
Hi there
Thanks for your reply .
Yes I am logged in as admin. It’s the only account on there and no I have no other antivirus apps installed . Sorry I don’t know what s mode is. If you mean safe mode then no haven’t tried that yet.
Thanks
Colin

Reaction score
Hi there
Thank all for your replies.
I have contacted the company who built the pc and it turned out to be something they had put in place so bullguard antivirus could be used but because I never bought the full version it kinda messed up.
All sorted now just a quick reset.
Thanks again for all replies , much appreciated.
Colin

Reaction score
Hi Colin,

could you please mark the thread as solved so it helps others. :)

Reaction score
Hi there
Thank all for your replies.
I have contacted the company who built the pc and it turned out to be something they had put in place so bullguard antivirus could be used but because I never bought the full version it kinda messed up.
All sorted now just a quick reset.
Thanks again for all replies , much appreciated.
Colin
Hi Colin,

could you please mark the thread as solved so it helps others. :)
sorry I’m new here. Should be marked now.

Ask a Question