Windows Shut Down Message, Can It Be Fixed?

Reaction score
my windows 10 pro is an upgrade from a windows 8.1 my laptop was bought with.

After a while when everything went smooth, the windows started to post a message saying: cannot write to memory location when I close my computer. I read somewhere that Microsoft knows it is an error not harmful from windows 8.1

Can it be removed? I read that it is an error reported because windows cannot write to a memory location that is already freed in the shut down process.

Best regards Jorn Johanesson

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
You're correct. That error was present in some past Windows 10 builds on some hardware.
Can you share with us....
What version of Windows 10 you are currently running?

Capture1.PNG

Reaction score
Well the computer in question is a laptop I bought with windows 8.1 home installed. This I then, when it was possible, upgraded to win10 home. It Seems the ghost moved from 8.1 to new win10

Reaction score
I wonder if this could be a computer build issue and not a windows issue. The computer is an ACER Aspire E15

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
I suppose it could be, although I would also think that it could or might just as easily be some third party software program or driver that is producing that message.
I'm pretty sure that it's not a "Windows" issue any longer as I haven't heard any reports lately of people having that issue.

Reaction score
I have visited the answer.microsoft in English and there i found that more than 100 have had this problem windows trying to read/write to a memory location already freed..

Ask a Question