Windows stuck at circling dot screen

Reaction score
I rebooted to have updates installed and the percentages completed on both shutdown and boot up.

After the updates completed now when I turn my computer on it just stays on the blue background screen with the dots spinning around in a circle. I'm able to press Crrl Alt Del and get to the screen with ease of access, shutdown, and connect to the Internet, but can't go anywhere else.

Have tried restarting from that prompt as well and it still never gets to the login screen.

Reaction score
Isomil, I have the same problem. Three different times, I let it run with circling dot that says "working on it" for HOURS, once overnight. Nothing ever happens. I think Windows 10 is an Beta, and all of us are beta testers. This thing seems to be broken.

Reaction score
To be honest I'm about to reload windows 7...

I have discovered that if I let it idle enough to I assume go into sleep or some state, then activate it the login screen returns. This was after a few hours.

Reaction score
What do you mean "then activate it the login screen returns"? I can't activate anything if the circle dots keep going for hours. I'm sticking with Windows 7. Windows 10 feels like it is in beta. Let other people beta test.

Reaction score
Where is Microsoft in answering these problems? I had the same problem an there in no response from MICROSOFT about the problem. I think I am at the stage of having to do a full recovery. I am not happy at all with Windows 10. I had been putting off update my computer and when I did, it crashes.

Ask a Question