Windows update and Microsoft Soltaire not loading

Reaction score
Windows update not downloading gives the reference 0x800705b4, also Microsoft Solitaire Collection not loading and games in Windows Store not downloading.
Search found some suggestions but none worked.
Is anyone else having this problem or any suggestions.

Reaction score
I too am having problems with the Microsoft Solitaire Collection by I get a different error code: 0x80070002.

Reaction score
Windows update not downloading gives the reference 0x800705b4, also Microsoft Solitaire Collection not loading and games in Windows Store not downloading.
Search found some suggestions but none worked.
Is anyone else having this problem or any suggestions.

Yes, I have started to have this problem after and update to Raptr. Now Windows games apps get stuck in load screen. Uninstalling game works, but reinstalling from store also gets stuck in downloading. Until the update everything had been working fine.

Reaction score
same problem for me. and now I think about it, it was after an update. I can't get any app to install even though I apparently own them.

Reaction score
OK! finally got all my Window 10 games working and can download from store again. How? Well I when to Windows restore and did a system restore back to Oct 7th (just before last Windows Update).
Something in that update causing my problem. Now how do I fix this update problem?

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Docdaryl. I did a system restore back to last update and I can now download apps OK. Unfortunately when I try to install Microsoft solitaire collection I still cannot do it because they can't find it!

Reaction score
Yes, I to am still having problems with 1 game "Age of Empires". Like you and Solitaire, the Microsoft Store says it's already installed, but I can't find it in the apps on my computer. And when I try to run it from the store it starts but crashes during start up and dumps me back to the store. Must be a corrupt file somewhere. I need to find out where these files are on my computer.

Reaction score
I am just wondering if there is something devious going on here. I am a bit addicted to solitaire etc. and played it a bit before it went astray. I got quite a lot of adverts when playing, asking for various things which I deleted every time. Maybe the owners (Microsoft?) pulled it (and pretended to lose it) because I had made it pretty obvious that I was not interested in what they were selling.

or am I just getting paranoid?

I have put the same problem on the Microsoft community site and after getting 1 standard email telling me to do the same things as I (obviously) had already tried it has all gone quiet.

Reaction score
Yes, I to am still having problems with 1 game "Age of Empires". Like you and Solitaire, the Microsoft Store says it's already installed, but I can't find it in the apps on my computer. And when I try to run it from the store it starts but crashes during start up and dumps me back to the store. Must be a corrupt file somewhere. I need to find out where these files are on my computer.

2015-10-17 update to my post

So, I have been busy trying to find where these game apps files are in Windows 10 because I am convinced that my Age of Empire app has a corrupted file and that’s why I can’t see it in the “All Apps” listing. I found the folder WindowsApps, and in it all my apps have a folder including my problem child “Microsoft.AgeCastles”. Of course all these folders are hidden and can’t be seen without X-Ray eyes. And don’t even think about making any changes to them!

But I did discover a line of code that some software guru uses to reinstall all the apps on a machine, AppXPackage, and with the right switches man does it do a wonderful job. But it failed with my problem child with an error code of 0x80070005, Access is denied. As I suspected, some file in “Microsoft.AgeCastles” has a problem.

Now if one of you Software Guru’s out there would like to see the whole “Get-AppxLog” full of interesting error messages for “Microsoft.AgeCastles”, leave me a message and I’ll send it to you.

Meanwhile, I keep digging.

Reaction score
I have done everything per help desk instructions, including the reinstall of appls (Get Appx-Aps....), still Microsoft Solitaire Collection does not run, I can see it in the menu, but still does not exeute, it appears as tho it's going to start, but then it disappears, does anyone else have a recommendation

Ask a Question