Windows Update Error 0x800f0922

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I'm facing some issues with 2 Citrix servers cannot get the latest Cumulative Updates. They get installed until 99% and then roll back with the error "Windows couldn't install updates undoing changes" and reboots. Checked the build number afterwards and both have the 2019-02 CU installed.

Checked EventViewer and the error message seems to be 0x800f0922.
Checked services and App Readiness, Windows Update and Update Orchestrator were started and set on automatic
Made sure that .Net Framework is installed, checked System Partition and both had 31% Free Disk Space (~150-160mb)
Tried to install 2019-03 CU manually and got the same results
Both have 20 GB Free Disk Space on C:\
Windows Update agent was reset
DISM Repair and sfc run was used -> No corruption found
Performance counters were reset
SoftwareDistribution and catroot2 folders were renamed
Ran Windows Updater Troubleshooter

Not sure if I'm allowed to post any links or if you have any suggestions on how to upload the logs, I'm open to suggestions

The WindowsUpdate logs are here : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xeYZ2wxcmdyzpeSfImiQewOn5JPBtL6Y/view?usp=sharing

I'm literally out of ideas other than reinstalling the imaging which will upset the customer(backups, restores, reconfigure etc.)

Thank you in advance!

Adrian

Ask a Question