SOLVED Windows Updates

Reaction score
I have two older identical (in every way) machines Dell Optiplex. The second PC (formerly the Grandkids) I keep as a spare has only one User account me Local Administrator.
I update the spare PC regularly. There's one item that bugs me in settings "Update & Security, the red message that says "Some settings are manged by your organization" I have checked the settings in the group policies "Windows Update" using the hidden Administrator account and they are all the default settings, other than receive update notifications.
What am I missing? How can I take control full control of the updates

bassfisher6522

Reaction score
My guess would be, it has to do with "local" account and not being used with a MS account. As the term "Local" refers to a non MS log in account.

Reaction score
Bassfisher Thanks! That's what I was thinking when I posted. You're right, it's just a local account, I didn't even create a daily User account for myself as right now its just a spare Windows 10 Pro version PC.

Ask a Question