SOLVED Windows volume changed to 100 automatically, but is way too quiet

Reaction score
Hi all,

I built a new pc and installed Windows 10 about two weeks ago. It's fantastic, but there has been one issue bugging me since I've gotten it.

For about the first two days of using my pc, the volume was working finely (I would use around 30 volume and it would still be somewhat loud). Soon after, I had noticed that the volume had randomly been changed to 100, but the actual volume had barely changed. Basically, even though it's at 100 volume, it's about as loud as when it had been at 30.

Today I went looking for the issue and had realized that I had two different audio output options. One of them is labeled "Headphones" and plays at 100 volume but feels quiet. The other is labeled "4 - 24G1WG3" and is the one that was at 30 volume, but when I try to change that to my default output I don't hear any sound.

The only other thing that I can add that I think would help is that I had used two different sets of headphones over those two days. I'm wondering if it's possible that the output device that is loud at 30 volume is related to the other headphones.

I've looked for driver updates everywhere and haven't found any that have solved the issue. Is there a way I can fix this?

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Hi,

do you shut the PC completely down and then remove the headphones?. Are you using a sound control app which is set to auto level the sound?. :)

Reaction score
Hi all, the problem randomly solved itself when I got back today. Kind of odd, but thank you all for the help!

Ask a Question