Windows Won't Recognize Nikon D300 via USB

Reaction score
Just prior to updating to Windows 10, I had no issues. Now, I get a message that my device has malfunctioned. Does anyone at Microsoft have a solution, or is this just another issue that's being ignored?

Reaction score
Did Nikon supply their own USB driver? If so check in device manager if it has a problem, check for updates including the Nikon support site, perhaps even reinstall it. You might have to reinstall the whole Nikon package in compatibility mode.

I doubt this is MS ignoring the problem.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
When I had the same issue with my Nikon D3200, I disconnected it from my PC, then......
Opened Device Manager, from the tool bar select View -> Show hidden devices, expanded portable devices, found my Nikon, uninstalled it from there, rebooted the PC, plugged my camera in and all was well.
Not sure why that worked, but it did. Perhaps just some remnant left over from Windows 8.1 post upgrade.

Reaction score
When I had the same issue with my Nikon D3200, I disconnected it from my PC, then......
Opened Device Manager, from the tool bar select View -> Show hidden devices, expanded portable devices, found my Nikon, uninstalled it from there, rebooted the PC, plugged my camera in and all was well.
Not sure why that worked, but it did. Perhaps just some remnant left over from Windows 8.1 post upgrade.
-- tried this and lost portable devices completely. now what?

Reaction score
This and this post should really be together as I suggest they are a similar problem.
USB-Irda adapter doesn't work with Windows 10

Ask a Question