Winter is Coming

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
And there is nothing Hodor will be able to do, to prevent it.
On or about April 11th (6 days hence), the Windows 10 Creator's Update will begin its' roll-out.
No doubt most of these will go off flawlessly, without a hitch, but.....
I feel obliged again, to encourage everyone to...........
Backup your critical data and create a disk image of your current install.
IF history is any indicator, we know that there will be some instances where this major update will likely not go as planned.

WinterIsComing.jpg

Reaction score
true that is even though I hardly ever experienced major problems. My updates sometimes take a few days to arrive......

Reaction score
I hope the update will perform well on my 4 computers :) I have until now not had anything serious to complain about. 2 Acer laptops 2 stationary all with win 10. 2 computers are updating now.

Data

Chief Operations Officer
Reaction score
My backup is complete! I am hoping for the best, but in the back of my mind, I know, Q will pull another of his pranks and the proverbial fan will be covered in Faeces...

I have also the full ISO for 1703 (downloaded direct yesterday) and, I have half a mind of upgrading with that before Im Rick-Roll'd by Q (By Q, I mean Microsoft)! Am not looking forward to this experience in any case because, as a non gamer and non-supporter of the illogical growing list of unwanted software that cant be removed, the bugs that aren't yet fixed really get my emotion chip on overload ;).

I used my trusted Acronis boot ISO, I do have Macrium on one of my many virtual machines I use for testing, but I prefer bootable PE images for their flexibility and portability.

Warp 6, engage!

Ask a Question