Wired Network Adapter is not showiing after Automatic Windows 10 Upgrade

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have DELL Inspiron 14R N4010. Automatic upgraded to Windows 10 Home. Previously I have Windows 7 Home Premium. After upgrade I didn't see the wired network adapter. However my wifi is working fine and can access Internet. I tried to re-install the LAN driver (Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Driver); it ask for upgrade/repair/de-install means driver is already present in the system. In spite of that upgraded the dirver (got the upgraded driver setup from Dell). Unfortunately, the device is still not visible in device manager.

Please help how can I fix this issue.

Thanks
Anand

Attachments

• Wired Adapter Issue.png
    Wired Adapter Issue.png
    365 KB · Views: 1,011
Reaction score
I have the same network adapter, no driver for Windows 10 has been released for it yet, so I'm not sure you're going to get it to work until then. Please post any updates, I'd love to get mine working too.

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
The fact that the network adapter is not showing at all in Device Manager would suggest that either there is something physically wrong with the device (not likely), or......
That the necessary chipset drivers are not installed to support the bus architecture.
I would suggest going to Dell Support and plugging in your service tag number and checking for the latest drivers they have available (windows 8 driver should work at least temporarily) for your chipset, GPU, BIOS, and frankly anything else that looks like it might be essential for your installed hardware devices.

Reaction score
Oh my Goodness....can this really be this hard???? I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 Premium yesterday and promptly lost my connection to the net. The wireless adapter I used under Windows 7 ( a no frills Cisco Linksys wireless adapter) was working just fine....smooth as silk as they say...and today...no connection. Do I need to buy a new adapter? Would this even work? My security is AVG. I have the standard Comcast modem standing tall...all lights on. Any assistance in correcting this situation in plain and simple terms/instructions would be GREATLY appreciated otherwise I will have no choice but to return/restore Windows 7 and I really do not want to do that. Thanks in advance....

The Old Cowboy

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
Do I need to buy a new adapter?
Quite possibly.
I used a WUSB54GSC wireless USB dongle from Linksys / CISCO which worked perfectly well with Windows 7, however it produced BSODs in Windows 8 and 8.1 and does not seem to work at all with Windows 10

Ask a Question