Wireless And Network Adapter

Reaction score
I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 8, and ever since my dell inspiron 15 3000 series gives me a lot of trouble to connect to wireless. when i am by my bf it connects for a few seconds or minutes then disconnects. when i am home it may not connect automatically. i constantly get messages along the lines of: no connections available, unable to connect, etc., when my wifi is working fine with every other device. i have been combing the internet, and trying all the few fixes i have seen, but it just doesn't help. i have to sometimes do the network troubleshooter multiple times to get a connection when i am at home. fortunately once it connects at home it usually stays connected, but when i am at my bf's it never stays connected.

please help!

Reaction score
Have you tried having a look on the DEll driver site, to see if another driver might help-
. They have both Realtek and Dell adapter drivers for Windows 10, I believe.

Reaction score
Reaction score
thank you. i went on and got a few drivers. they are being downloaded now. time will tell if this helps. i will update accordingly.
UPDATE: well, i downloaded the driver diagnostic tool and scanned my system and found a few drivers needed updated (bios, intel chipset, wifi, etc). so i did that. just rebooted and it seems to be ok for now. thanks for the help. i will update again if things go awry

oh. i rebooted a did over the diagnostic, it told methe chipset driver was needed. when i go to install itawhile ago it said that i already had a newer version installed. what should i do here?

Last edited:

Trouble

Noob Whisperer
Reaction score
i rebooted a did over the diagnostic, it told methe chipset driver was needed. when i go to install itawhile ago it said that i already had a newer version installed. what should i do here?
I would leave that one alone.
Chances are that if you are not experiencing any other issues, then the default chipset driver that Windows 10 installed is newer and may work better than an older version.

Reaction score
ok thank you.
so i attempted to burn a cd with media player and got 'please connect a burner and restart wmp' what do i do at this juncture?

Reaction score
Hunting at straws now.
I have been browsing the Dell help and found an item there, This does not seem to be relevant, as you have an intermittent connection, not a situation of no connection. ::
On some of the Dells, it varies almost from country to country, holding the Fn and F2 will turn off or on the WiFi. Possible a faulty keyboard connection there?

There is, on my Dells, a manual switch. You may have something similar. It is a very small slide switch, normally on the right side by the headset inputs. If you can find this, perhaps it is faulty, or only halfway along the click slide.

Ask a Question