Wireless Connection Drops

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I got MSI GP62-2QE laptop and have been using Windows 10 since I bought it without having a problem. But few days ago when I was playing an offline game my wi-fi connection dropped. I tried to connect back, and I actually succeed but it's keep dropping since then. When I lose the connection, it says that "not connected - no connection available", but actually there're tens of wireless networks and I can connect with my phone. I tried to connect to another wi-fi and it seems to does without getting any error or dropping, but it's the same network but just the different modem. And everyone can connect to this modem, and I was too untill few days ago. Then I always have to use Network troubleshooter but then I cannot find any wireless connection even my Wi-Fi is turned on. Sometimes I can but except my wi-fi, which is pretty odd. Even I can connect, it's super duper slow and unstable, even it's actually not. I've been downloading at 3mb/s but now not even 100kb/s and wi-fi signal is too low which it suppose to not. I configured Power and Sleep settings. Also "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" is unchecked. I've scanned my computer. I tried "sfc /scannow" and "dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth". I reset the modem. I'm able to get in the modem administration panel, I tried few things but it's the same. My drivers are up to date. I tried rollback and restoring the system. Also a friend of mine have this product named "Tp-Link TL-W822N" and when I plugged that in, it worked like a charm. Also sorry for my grammar mistakes if I have any. I don't have any programs that related to network, such as VPN, Anti-Virus etc. Also my DNS settings are automatic and I tried these commands too "netsh int ip reset a.txt, netsh winsock reset, netsh winhttp reset proxy, netsh advfirewall reset and ipconfig /flushdns" but no success. I tried to scan hard drives for errors, nothing.

But just nothing. I couldn't make it work properly. I'd really appreciate any kind of help. What can cause this and how can I fix this? Thank you already!

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi timelord,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you right-click on Start then left-click on Command Prompt.

In the Command Prompt window type or copy & paste the following command:

Code:
reg query "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3}"

Press Enter key to execute the above command.

Report back the results please.

Regards,

Regedit32

Reaction score
Thank you. I tried that already too, just forgot to remark. It says "ERROR: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value.". I also tried to switch routers channels but nothing has changed.

Regedit32

Reaction score
If this registry key does not exist then clearly you have no need to remove it; however, you could consider taking the next step which would be to open an elevated command prompt and execute a command there to see if you can revive your list of network connections;
  • Right-click on Start
  • Left-click on Command Prompt (Admin)
  • When the UAC prompt pops up click Yes
  • Enter the following command:

Code:
    netcfg -v -u dni_dne

Press Enter key to execute

Close Command Prompt and any other open applications.

Fully shut down computer.

Restart computer to allow the System to detect all available Network Connections.

Hopefully, things may return to normal then.

Reaction score
"Trying to uninstall dni_dne ...

... dni_dne is not installed.

... done."

Sadly, nothing happened. By the way, as neither the router nor the internet belongs to me, I can't reset the router, change it's location or contact with the support team. Also, what I have noticed and want to add is, that when I get in the router's admin panel with my IP adress, I see the SSID but it's not the name that I connect, actually, I can't even detect that Wi-Fi and whatever I do, like changing the channel, changing the SSID, changing the password, doesn't effect my Wi-Fi. How come is that? I don't understand and it drives me crazy.

Regedit32

Reaction score
Hi timelord,

I'm a little confused now as you say the router and internet do not belong to you.

Who owns these then as the problems you are having detecting the wi-fi on offer via their services may need to be addressed on their end given all you have done on your end to resolve things.

Did you mean the router belongs to the ISP provider? If that is the case you should be able to access the router via the ISP's IP supplied for the router and from there manually adjust settings to suit your current set up.

Alternatively, your ISP may be able to remotely access the router to reset it to the settings they require to allow your computer to access the services they provide.

If you can clarify that would help.

Regards,

Regedit32

Ask a Question