Won't Wake Up

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 last night. Everything has been working fine since then, except when my laptop goes into sleep mode, whether I close it or leave it sitting idle, it won't wake up. It is still on, the power light is on, everything seems like its working, but the screen stays black. I have to force it to reboot every time it goes into sleep mode.

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem!! I'm going to try a system restore in attempt to fix it, but from all the posts I've read, I've yet to find a conclusive way to resolve the issue. But I'll let you know if the system restore works!

Reaction score
The system restore worked for me (though hopefully it's not a temporary fix). I suggest you try it too and it might help you out!

Reaction score
I just used the option under recovery in settings to reset the computer and keep my files. I don't know exactly what point it reset to. Unfortunately, it looks like it only worked temporarily for me. It was good for about a day, but I'm back to it refusing to wake up.

Reaction score
Yeah nope I'm back to being stuck in this "no wakeup cycle"....i set my computer so now it just never goes to sleep which uses more battery but it doesnt get stuck now

Reaction score
I installed Windows 10 last night. Everything has been working fine since then, except when my laptop goes into sleep mode, whether I close it or leave it sitting idle, it won't wake up. It is still on, the power light is on, everything seems like its working, but the screen stays black. I have to force it to reboot every time it goes into sleep mode.

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. I am having the same problem and have found no answer yet. I also don't like the control Microsoft has over windows update. What's up with controlling restart? I hope I'm wrong, but it appears Microsoft will be to controlling with win 10 and just might be a bit to invasive. I am 72 and have been using their OS systems ever since 3.1 and to this day, they can't seem to build a system without serious problems. I hate to change this late in life but............

Reaction score
I may have the answer. Go Settings, System and then Power and Sleep, then Additional Power Settings. Will probably show Balanced, click on change plan settings. Assume we've all opted for computer never turning off the display and never going to sleep. Now click on Change Advanced Power Settings, click on Hard Disk. My computer had been set, by default, to turn the Hard Disk off after 20 minutes. Now changed it to 180 minutes

Ask a Question